Category: 3 – SHELF it (All Categories are 1 – Read ASAP!, 2 – BUY it!, 3 – SHELF it, 4 – SOMEDAY it)
Comments: Interesting compilation of how endowment managers of the best Ivy league endowments manage their money. Very applicable to personal investing and offers a sliding scale of actions depending on how actively you want to manage your money.
Top 3 Lessons:
- Ivy portfolio is 20% each for
• us stocks
• International stocks (VWO has emerging stocks or GWX, EWX)
• Bonds (consider TIPS)
• Commodities – DBC, GSG (international) – could also do DBA, DBB, DBE, DBP
• Real estate – VNQ, RWX (foreign real estate), IGF (infrastructure)
- If you really want to buy individual stocks, all institutional investors disclose their individual stock holdings. Why would you not follow them?
Book notes here.